Level 4 Competency Assurance Qualification in Natural Gas Technology Technician Training (ngttt)
The Level 4 Competency Assurance Qualification in Natural Gas Technology Technician Training is designed for technicians in the Upstream sector (offshore and onshore production of gas), Midstream Gas operations (petroleum plants – conversion of gas into first level derivatives) and persons employed in Pipeline transportation.
This Training is administered in four (4) modules:
- Natural Gas Systems I: Core Skills in Natural Gas Technology
- Natural Gas Systems II: Upstream Operations
- Natural Gas Systems III: Transmission and Conversion
- Natural Gas Systems IV: Safety and Management
Student membership in the Society of Petroleum Engineers will be offered to each student at no additional cost.
Assessment will consist of written assessments at the end of each module supported with class participation and interaction.
Laboratory study will be assessed by oral and demonstration ability.
At the end of the programme, successful candidates will be awarded with Natural Gas Technology Technician Training (NGTTT) completion certificate.
The duration of this programme is 12 months with classes 3 or 4 days per week for four (4) hours per session.
Classes will be theory in classroom and laboratory work. A significant majority of the time will be spent in the workshop.
Friday 13th February, 2015
Deadline for Applications
The expected minimum age limit attached to candidates undertaking this qualification is 16 years unless there is a higher age requirement by Trinidad and Tobago national law.
Candidates for this programme must have the following prerequisites:
- An Advanced Diploma in Oil and Gas Operations (Process, Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation Maintenance Technician) or Level 4 Competency Qualification in Offshore Production Operation Training or Land Based Production Operation Training
- A minimum of three (3) years in Upstream or Midstream operations or maintenance or pipeline operations.