Level 4 Competency Assurance Qualification in Compressed Natural Gas Installation Technician (CNGIT)
This training course focuses on developing the individual to work as an entry level auto mechanic in the installation of the relevant equipment that will convert an automobile to dual fuel use. The Objective is to have the technician fully trained to install the CNG conversion at 100% accuracy for each installation.
The course comprises seven (7) modules, namely:
- Module 1: Overview of CNG Conversion Course
- Module 2: CNG Safety : Classroom and Industry
- Module 3: CNG Business
- Module 4: Theory and Practice of CNG Conversion
- Module 5: Components of CNG Engine Conversions - Gas Engines
- Module 6:Components of CNG Engine Conversions - Diesel Engines
- Module 7:Installation of CNG Conversion Systems
All students will be assessed via written examinations, oral questioning, practical assessments. Successful completion of the programme depends on the students demonstrating both the theoretical and practical competencies required in each module.
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to all participants
The duration of this programme is three (3) months with classes 3 or 4 days per week for four (4) hours per session.
Classes will be theory in classroom and laboratory work in the Engine Laboratory. A significant majority of the time will be spent in the laboratory.
Class schedules will vary depending on the agreed designation of the class as part-time or full-time. Part-time classes will be scheduled on four evenings per week from 5:30pm to 8:30pm and full time classes will be held four days a week from 8am to 12 noon.
Friday 13th February, 2015
Deadline for Applications
The expected minimum age limit attached to candidates undertaking this qualification is 16 years unless there is a higher age requirement by Trinidad and Tobago national law.
Candidates for this programme must have the following pre-requisites:
- A certificate in automobile mechanics with at least three (3) years experience in engine tuning , maintenance, overhaul and repairs or
- A minimum of three (3) years as a practicing automobile mechanic with demomstrated capability in engine tuning, maintenance, overhaul and repairs.