The goal of this course is to improve the student’s knowledge of the operation of the Surface and Subsurface and Anti-Pollution Control Device installed on offshore oil and gas production equipment. On successful completion of this three (3) day course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the (8) eight Undesirable Events that can occur in the production equipment which are a threat to safety.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Governmental Regulations that are relevant to the design, installation, operation and the maintenance of Surface and Subsurface and Anti-Pollution Control devices for Offshore Production Systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory of operation of Surface and Subsurface Safety and Anti-Pollution Control device.
- Identify the component parts and the function of each part the device used in Surface and Subsurface Safety and Anti-Pollution Control Systems.
- Analyse, Design, install, and Test Basic Surface Safety Systems for Offshore Production Platforms in line with API RP 14C.